Accountable for the financial, and risk management operations of the company. Development of a financial and operational strategy & metrics tied to financial strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company financial stability, resources and report accurate financial result
- Internal Stake Holder – Regional Business Head, Business Development Manager, Global Financial Manager/ Head, MIS & OMS Manager
- External Stake Holders – Government Statutory Authorities, External Accounting Agency, External and Internal Auditors,
Key Responsibilities- Task and Activities
I. Strategic Financial & Operational Management:
- Develop, implement, and monitor, Strategic and Operational & financial metrics to measure performance of the organization
- Understand company business model and Operations to devise financial strategies for sustaining the Organizational financial health considering the Parent Group and Global Norms while integrating the Indian Laws, Statutory Business, and Industry Norms
- Develop Internal financial Reporting tools and systems to provide critical business metrics and operational information to the Managing Director and make actionable recommendations on both Business strategy and finance operations.
- Plan and Control long-term financial strategies and costs management in alignment with organizational strategic growth plan, especially the potential Business Expansions into different domains and Business Channels.
II. Financial Planning & Analysis
Cash Flow management
- Devise the financial control mechanism for cash flow management by understanding the sources and uses of cash and ensure the company is able to meet its financial commitments and manage cash flow in the most efficient way.
- Weekly/Monthly/Periodic assessment of the Business Volume and COGS (Cost of goods Sold) Forecasted/ Budgeted Revenue vs Revenue clocked in
- Develop and utilize Cost benefit analysis, forward-looking, predictive Financial models to provide insight into the organization’s future operations and business plans
III. Company Budget and Control
- Determines feasibility and viability of all budgetary proposals, along with assessing the vulnerabilities of plans of action offered by the business and operations Managers/Heads/leaders.
- Overseeing the department wise budget process, collecting the inputs, and comparing the company’s actual performance with estimates (the budget).
- Prepare and track Company’s Annual Operating and analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new channel/new market expansion)
- IV. Commercial Financial Operations - Business MIS & OMS
- Based on Business MIS analysis, prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; financial trends, cost analysis and Monthly profit and loss forecast (vs. budget) to predict the Cash flow forecast.
- Providing meaningful, concise, and clear analysis, including variance analysis to Managing Director/senior management on financial issues and performance (actual versus budget/forecast/prior quarter/prior year etc.
- Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical) to meet the gaps on financial performance
- V. Financial Control and Treasury management
- Directs and oversees the end-to-end aspects of the Finance & Accounts function of the organization
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, Financial and accounting processes, Navision, other tools, and internal control systems to have stronger grip on the overall financial scorecard
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet bank reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
VI. Global Financial and Management Reporting
- Preparation and analysis of Companywide metrics reports including Business operations indicators and ratios to measure the performance of the Businesses, BD and CRM teams and Operations Teams against agreed upon deliverables.
- Managing Business MIS based on the actual scenarios from the ERP /P.O. order management teams having the realistic and timely update on the business volume and data collection for measuring Financial metrics.
- Prepare the ad-hoc reports on business performance metrics to support the requirements of the global management team
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial reporting for Management and Stakeholders; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial reports,
VII. Financial Risk Management – Audits & Statutory Compliances
- Managing financial risk framework, including all aspects of financial compliance, and strategic and operational risk identification and monitoring through the Outsourced CA/Accounting Agencies.
- Overall responsibility of Financial Audits by the Global Audit agencies and parent Group audit requirements and as per the Client requirements
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits for all statutory audits and internal audits from compliances perspective e.g., GST, Income tax etc.
VII. IT Administration & Asset Cost management
- Oversee the IT solutions, systems, asset, hardware, and software cost management are within the prescribed and approved budgets and limits
- Ensure the Information system and risk mitigation is monitored and adhered by the IT systems and company software are been monitoring regularly and the team adheres to the internal security measures on data security and information protection.
- Behavioral Skills required
- High level of integrity and dependability with strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills and judgment to make sound decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Multitasker and Proactive Planner and highly Process oriented
- A level-headed, clear communicator with a detailed understanding of organizational, individual responsibilities and business ethics.
- Eye for detail: Willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders- Global H.Q., Indian Outsourced agency, Diverse Internal Team, Multiple Vendors from Diverse cultural background
- Diligent & sets an example: Even when it becomes a hassle, must be willing to see an issue through to resolution and motivate teams to produce quality output
- Handling work pressures of a multiple projects in matrix reporting in a high paced, fast growing, and evolving industry
- Must be Qualified Chartered Accountant with at least 15 years of Corporate Finance Function Experience
- At least 15 years of work experience in the Similar role in the Finance and Accounts Function especially in the fast growing and reputed companies in Delhi/ NCR and Service Industry
- Must have managed matrix reporting structures with multiple stake holders reporting
- Industries preferred – FMCG/Durables/ Telcom/Automobile/White Goods/Electronic/ Insurance/
- Expert knowledge of Advanced MS Excel- Macros, PowerPoint
- Managing end to end data management – Business Analytics, Large Database Analysis, Financial and Business Reports and Trackers.
- Good knowledge in building financial models and forecasting of financials.
- Strong knowledge and exposure of the Financial Planning & Analysis for Global Conglomerate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your Reporting Manager in accordance with your Role & Responsibilities.